Loss of my mum

I’ve not got over the loss of my mum who I sadly lost in 2008 she was my best friend I just feel so lonely I had that bond with my mum

2 Likes

Hello claire40,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about how you’re struggling from the loss of your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

Hi Claire, I’m just over a year without my mum and it makes me anxious and depressed that life has to go on without her. You just miss them don’t you? Take care, Mike

1 Like

My mum also died in 2008 and I don’t know if I know how to be a person. I’m still not over it. I feel like I’ve found ways to cope, but I’m right there with you. I don’t know if I know how to get over it. I’m here if you want to talk :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you that means a lot