Loss of my mum

Hi, it has now been 17 months since i lost my mum and and also my aunt. They died 6 days apart in Sept 2022. I was my mums carer for 5 years and she lived with me. The first year follwing the bereavements was a bit of a blur. Then i seemed to pick up a bit. But in the last couple of months it has hit me all over again and some days i just have no motivation and the grief just overcomes me. Losing them both still feels like it happened yeaterday and i guess it will feel like that for a long time. Has anyone else felt like they were coping fairly well and then it has suddenly hit them all over again ?

Hi @Sharon2205,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

I totally relate to what you’re feeling. I think what some of us don’t take into consideration is shock! Shock can last a long time and for me it was several months before it really sunk in and I felt almost like I was grieving backwards. It’s a bit of a rollercoaster I’m afraid and each of us will get off that rollercoaster when and if we’re ready. Don’t put pressure on yourself, you just have to ride it :gift_heart: