Loss of my Mum…

My Mum died 6 weeks ago today but the funeral was only 5 days ago. I can’t stop crying. I see her face & push it to the back of my mind. I can’t look at pictures of her. I feel I’ll never get over it & be happy again. I feel I’m in a different world now it’s strange.

4 Likes

I dont know what it is to lose a parent, but i do know how i felt when i lost my partner( nearly 6 weeks). I seem to go through stages. First 4 weeks cried every single day, most of the day. However, i was the opposite when it came to pictures, i put more up, got more printed, watched videos of him. This week i actually found myself laughing at a memory, last week i wouldve cried. Next week ill probably cry again. But from what I understand of it, thats grief. Different for everyone but holds similarities. Its so raw now dingdong and it totally feels like an alternate reality, so surreal. It will take time and i send my love xxx

2 Likes

9 Weeks ago yesterday I lost my mum really unexpectedly. I have been through similar stages, I felt heartbroken, then ok for a while, then was too busy to focus on anything and somehow the past two days I’m back to heartbroken. I’m sorry, looking at pictures will and memories will come, I can only assume. Pushing images away from my head - some horrendous images - only made them come back stronger. I set aside a night and embraced them, sad songs and all. That may not be helpful for you, but know what I am learning, there is no one size fits all to this. Sending hugs.

2 Likes

@Dingdong16 sorry for the pain of your grief. The loss of a parent is huge so it’s normal to feel overwhelmed by the grief it causes. It will take time to adapt to your new reality. My Mum died in January last year and I have spent a long time trying to adjust to her loss. It’s not easy but in time you will gradually see things differently and learn how to manage the grief. There will always be triggers that rear up when you least expect them, but you will remember happier memories too. Sadly there’s no going back, the only way is forward so all we can do is keep moving ahead and learn to live our different lives. Best wishes, take care xx

1 Like

yea triggers like cafes, a memory, even seeing someone with their mum reminds me. if I see a daughter with her mum I feel it. It takes me back when I was doing things with my mum. Even reading things and reply overwhelms me. All I can say is it’s with you every day, it never truly goes away. Single life not great at all, the older you get the harder it gets. My lower back isnt great at all at the moment, it’s improved but still causing me problems and is slowing me down to a extent. Even getting dressed now isn’t easy no more.

1 Like

I know exactly how you feel. My Mum died a month ago. I’ve been crying all day today. I can’t believe I’m never going to see her again. She was my best friend and I saw her every day. I feel numb and so sad without her. I don’t know how to carry on without her as she was my rock .

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, yea it’s not easy. All we can do is be there for each other. I miss my mum for so many reasons. Living alone is tough on so many levels, loneliness, no support, the financial impact, getting older, the changing world we live in. Never been married, no kids, so totally alone. Then there’s dealing with medical problems with getting older on top. Like you, my mum played a big part of my life till she couldn’t do that no more. My mum lived up to 95 years old.

@Dingdong16 sorry for your loss… my mum also died 6 weeks ago. Its so raw, isnt it. I keep seeing her face in my head and I keep recalling our last conversation. Most days I think this is,all a,dream and,I will wake up and she’ll be here. Right now also feel like I’m never going to be happy again though I find little everyday things that do make me feel good

@Cara1 oh so sorry you feel this way… me too. Had particularly bad two days. I got a book from Amazon about adult grief and its helped me a bit. I also write a diary and I’m planning to get a proper grief journal. Something you maybe think of doing?

I recently loss my beautiful mother who was also my best friend talked on the phone everyday day if not going out or around hers, I’ve cried every day since. My mum went into hospital on the 24th January and passed away the 11th February, my mother was put into a induced to coma and never woke up, every days been a nightmare since she went into hospital, my life has fallen apart, I was her first love and I was hers being her first born, my mother had 9 children and if loosing my mum wasn’t hard enough a lot of us have fallen out which my mum wouldnt have wanted two of my siblings being a real nightmare which you can’t blame on grieve accusations etc too much to go into really, but my heart is broken I don’t know how to cope.

1 Like

@shell09 sounds like very complicated situation with your siblings. I’m the only child which sometimes makes it really hard. Sometimes I wish a had a brother or sister to share my grief with and talk about mum. My mum got ill on 20 December, was in coma under respirator since then till the day she died 5th Feb. 7 weeks I watched her lying like a vegetable really, not able to communicate with her… so O know what you went through… I hope you can get pass arguments with your family and come together as this is really diffucult time. Wishing you lots of strength and sending hugs x

1 Like