Loss of my partner

I lost my partner 7 weeks ago after a sudden unforseen illness and I can’t seem to take it in that i won’t be able to see him again i don’t want to get out of bed most days the pain inside is indescribable i just wonder how other people cope with their loss x

3 Likes

Dear @Anne3

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your partner.

There is a Grief Guide that contains useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

You are in the early stages of grief and it will be a rollercoaster ride of emotions. There is an article Supporting yourself through grief | Sue Ryder which may be of help to you.

You can also connect with members who have been in a similar position as yourself by typing in the search bar ‘Loss of a Partner’. The support here is amazing.

You need to take one day at a time and be gentle with yourself. Grief is a journey and not a race and to be taken at your pace. It might also help you to book an appointment with your doctor to see what support they can offer you and to see if there are any local bereavement groups in your area.

Please continue to reach out, you are not alone. We are all here for you.

Take care.

Pepsi

Dear @Anne3

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your partner.

There is a Grief Guide that contains useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

You are in the early stages of grief and it will be a rollercoaster ride if emotions. There is an article on Supporting yourself through grief | Sue Ryder? which may be of help to you.

You can also connect with members who have been in a similar position as yourself by typing in the search bar ‘Loss of a Partner’. The support here is amazing.

Along with the above information the following resources might also be of help to you.

Please continue to reach out, you are not alone. We are all here for you. If you need further information please email online.community@suerydercare.org.

Take care.

Pepsi

Hi @Anne3
I’m so sorry for your terrible loss. I lost my husband suddenly last April and the disbelief did floor me for a while. Eight months later that aspect is not present many days, since living in the house without him here every day means I have to believe it.

Grief has so many sides to it and there is no set pathway but someone once told me that whatever you are feeling is exactly what you should be feeling. That was a big help to me as it took the pressure off to think I should be doing or feeling differently.

I hope you will find peace in time. Our loved ones stay with is as they are in our hearts forever.
Sending you love and strength. xxx

1 Like

Hello
I am so sorry , I understand exactly how you’re feeling, I lost my partner 5 weeks ago today, suddenly and unexpectedly, My heart aches physically every day/night, I can’t quite process, the fact I’m never going to see him again. But the things that are keeping me to keep going is learning about the afterlife, and I believe we all live on , our soul lives on, I talk to him and I feel him around me. People think I’m a bit mad, but I don’t care I know he is with me, just like your partner will be right by your side every step you take…
Sending lots of love and heeling xx

2 Likes

You are not mad at all! I totally believe that there is something beyond this life. I visited a very good medium here in Belfast. I recorded the reading and listen to it when I’m really upset.

This chap was amazing; he said immediately how my Martin passed, names of relatives he was with; one is his Uncle and Martin always called him Micky, the medium told me he’s standing with Michael but Martin calls him Micky! He also told me our doggies are with him… so, I totally believe we will be reunited again. It doesn’t help all the time but I do take comfort in it… xx❤️

5 Likes

Hi @Dottie72 I’m glad that you have had such a positive result from your visit to a medium. I really wish I could believe in an afterlife. I’m sure if I did, it would give me some hope in seeing my husband again and maybe lessen my pain. We all need something to bring us closer to our loved ones.X

2 Likes

@Dottie72
That’s fascinating to hear.
My belief if through my Christian faith @Mel92 , but it certainly helps me. I KNOW we will be together again one day and I just have to be patient. My daughters need me here for a while yet and I don’t want to leave them. My younger one with a learning disability is still a long way from independent but is improving still. I have lots still to do here but I trust that things happen for a reason, even if we will never know what it was.

Love to you both and everyone on here. We have a hard road to travel being the ones left behind so we need all the support we can. Hugs xxx

2 Likes

I was really skeptical about it tbh, but he described my Martin to a T…. Things that the medium told me would be impossible to know, I’m actually going back to see him next month.

Both my parents came through, as did my Grandmother and my Aunt. Again he told me things that no one could possibly know. He told me that this life is just a learning curve, and no one goes to a bad place when they crossover. He told me my Mum made it possible for Martin coming through. The first thing my Mum said to him was how Martin passed…. It was amazing…. I know it’s difficult to believe and I made sure I didn’t say to much during the reading, but there has to be something… sending love :heart:Xx

2 Likes