Loss of my sister

Hi,
In May my sister became quite unwell with her ms, she was in a nursing home the last 4 years and she started having bad fit’s and it appears that it had caused damage.
2 days before her 46th birthday we lost her. I found her birthday cards that I was ready to drop into her that never reached her.

Even though we were in lockdown when it happened the home let us in I held her hand and talked to her but 2 days after my last visited we lost her.

I thought I was coping with her loss but I’m not, I’m finding over Christmas everything I see is to do with my sister things I bought her last Christmas.

2 Likes

Hi Joanna_d, So sorry for your loss. Your words resonate with me. I lost my beloved younger sister also in May (albeit 3 Yrs on) My Sister also died 2 days before her birthday. She was battling cancer, but was doing well until one tragic night. I too had the gifts and card for her, and we had plans to celebrate together as we always did each year. Like you I held her hand when she was in the hospital, unbeknownst to any of us. she was dying. There will be so many reminders, and Christmas just intensifies the pain. Your loss is so fresh. I remember being in a fog of denial in that first year. I just kept telling my self she is simply away and will be back soon. The loss of a sibling is the loss of a part of ourselves. My heart goes out to you, and I wish I could say the magic words to make you (and me) feel better. I hope you have supportive people around you, as grief is a very lonely journey. I am tearful as I write this. Take care and post again. Many will be here for you. Xxxx Another Sad Sister

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply yes that’s how I feel because of covid we weren’t allowed to visit so I’m still waiting for the call from her saying hi Jo but nothing comes I drive past the turn off and think I’ll prob never have to go that way again.
I have a lot of support from my ms nurses as they were my sisters same nurses but still feel somethings missing but just don’t think it’s clicked yet that she’s actually gone.

1 Like

Hi, I know how you feel, I lost my beautiful sister to cancer, it took every bit of her dignity. I feel so lost without her, I am angry, sad, crying alone so my children don’t see me. I keep thinking she is still in hospital, then I remember, it makes me feel like I am going slight loopy. She was always my big sister, I always looked up to her and she was always there for me and now she’s gone. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost a loved one, I just never thought it would be me, but then again I never thought I would lose my dad to cancer either. I am new to this forum, although everyone is grieving, we are all together sharing our grief and helping each other by being open and honest and for that I would like to thank all of you for reading this post because sharing your story is helping me know I am not alone and I thank you x

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I’m sorry for your loss I can completely understand how you are feeling I’m missing my sister so much, our mum had a fall and I thought aww my sister going to be so upset when she sees her and then it clicks we won’t be seeing her it’s so upsetting but hasn’t fully sunk in yet :frowning:

1 Like