Loss of my supermum

I lost my mum suddenly in January this year, I’m so sad to be joining a forum like this as I thought I would feel understood and looked after but I don’t. I’m usually a positive pro active person but I’m struggling to be that person… I can feel the burden of being strong weighing heavily on me. People have stopped asking how I am… but is that because I keep saying: “I’m fine”. I’m really not… but what do I do?..

2 Likes

Hello @poppins,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and how you are feeling, that is so sad. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find the following Sue Ryder resources helpful:

• Our Bereavement information pages
  • Our Online Bereavement Support, which includes our free online bereavement counselling which is held via video chat, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi I feel the same after my bereavements I had my wonderful mum die of cancer (I nursed her all the way though) then my favorite sister also died of cancer 6 months later I too nursed her all the way though they both died at home as their was no NHs or hospice resc at the time due to the COVID ping period at the beginning of this year. I’ve worn a brave face and no one really cares I have no other family no children husband etc, my best friend also died during COVID I find it very hard to continue to want to live as I can’t motivate myself out of this depression, life holds no meaning anymore. I’ve done both the cruise and talking therapies counciling ( you only get 6 was) and yes it helped alittle whilst I was receiving it as at least someone did show interest and listen , when like you you have had someone in your life that you adored and that love was so unconditional and then you watch them suffer and die in your arms (alone) I was the trauma of their death doesn’t get easier just harder. And no one gives a fig ! It’s the old saying/ laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone. You take care in your sorrow and you are welcome to post me at anytime , yours karen77 x