Loss of parents

Hi i lost my beautiful mother in october 2020 to covid, my dad caught covid same time. The day mom passed away my dad left the hospital where i have been dads personal carer. I have watched my dads health slowley decline and sadly dad
Passed at home 1/2/2022 with me and my sister with him. Mom and dad have been my world as i dont have partner or children of my own. On top of that i feel guilty that they caught covid from me as i work as a carer also. Now i live on my own and am not coping at all. Im having trouble moving on without them. I dont see any future for me at all. Im so lonely and depressed.

1 Like

Dear @Kaz66

Welcome to the Community, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your parents and to how you are feeling.

One of the most difficult parts of a bereavement can be the feelings of loneliness that comes with it, nothing can prepare you for it.

Sue Ryder has a Grief Guide that contains useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief, explore your emotions and feelings and hear from others experiencing grief. When you are ready, it would be worth taking a look at.

Cruse Bereavement have advice on how to cope with the Loneliness . It would be worth having a read to see how it can help you. They also have a helpline for someone to talk to on 0808 808 1677 which is run by volunteers who have trained in all types of bereavement. It would be worth considering having a chat with them.

You can also talk to the Samaritans on 116 123. It is a free and confidential service available 24 hours a days, 365 days a year.

If you have not done so already, I would speak to your doctor and let them know how you are feeling and to see what support they can give you.

If you type in the search bar Loneliness/Loss of a Parent you can connect with members here who have experienced and been in the same position as yourself.

There is also information on Supporting Yourself Through Grief which will be of help and support to you.

I do hope the above will be of help to you. Please continue to reach out and take care of yourself.

Pepsi

1 Like

Thank you and for the information

1 Like

Hi kaz66, so sorry for the lost of your parents, i lost my 4 months apart, i was with both of them when they pasted, i struggle with losing my dad more, he lived a 4 hr journey away, i miss him s much, i have had grief counseling which has helped and thought I am heartbroken the sadness isn’t so bad now, i started to look at it that i had my parents for 60 years, please don’t think it your fault they got covid, you are doing a wonderful careing job and they will be so proud of you

1 Like

Thank you im so sorry you lost your parents in such a short time, it must be really heartbreaking, im on the waiting list for bereavment counsolling, being able to talk about them and how i feel hopefully it will help me too. Take care@karen621

I find it easier talking to someone who doesn’t know me or my parents you take care too, here if you want to talk

1 Like

Hi kaz66 just thought I would check in with you to see if you have started your bereavement counseling yet and if it has helped, i have my last session this week