Loss of soul mate

I feel that I have lost the reason to live now my partner has passed away.The nature of her death was so cruel,she had GBM brain tumour,I nursed her till the end.I close my eyes and just see he in the last gasp of life,I feel my reason to live has gone,I am 70 years old what’s left I am not sure.The house is so empty yet full of her things .

2 Likes

Hi Neroshero, I’m really sorry to hear about the death of your wife, it’s so hard being the one left behind, I do hope you have family around to help support you, I found the only way I coped when my husband died, was to keep really busy, I have to say my dog was what really helped, she made me get up every morning and go out in the fresh air for a walk, nature is a wonderful healer, I do hope you find some help from this site, sending love Jude xx

1 Like

The feeling of emptiness is so hard isn’t it? I used to like sitting peacefully with my husband, now it is just so lonely. I have my young adult children here at the moment so it’s not too bad but it still feels empty without him here. Sending hugs

when my wife passed 3 months ago the once lively home full of love and warmth had turned into a cold, lonely and empty room. Everything I see everywhere I go I think of our joyful days together. 32 years together, 25 years in marriage. She was my first love. We met when we were 17. She’s the only girl who dared to get into the life of a quiet, sensitive and pessimistic boy. We went through all trials and tribulations in life which made our relationship stronger…
I do not know how to live without my best friend and soulmate. Every evening is so lonely without her chattering with me in our balcony garden. I missed those days she waved me goodbye on the balcony when I went to work in the morning and welcomed me home in the evening. All is gone forever…
What I want to say is I plod on because of our 15 yo daughter. She’s lost her best mom, who was also her best friend. If my existence could limit her suffering a bit, I’ve got a reason to journey on. But as for me…I can see no future, no meaningful life.
sending hugs…

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss !! I lost my fiancée nearly a year ago, he had cancer and died within a few weeks of being diagnosed , he was my best friend my soul mate , and I couldn’t see a way forward either , but my 14 year old helped me see a way to get through it! I promise you it will get easier to live with .the pain doesn’t go but it becomes bearable to live with ! And you will start to be able to remember all the good things you did and smile rather than cry ! Stay strong , my heart goes out to you :heart:

1 Like

thank you. You are very kind.

I agree with every sentiment you have written and wonder why and how it came to this so suddenly. Sending hugs

2 Likes