Loss of wife to suicide

My wife took her own life in June, she was 43. I am completely and utterly lost, she was my best friend and the love of my life, whatever happened in life I knew if we were together we would be ok. We have 2 children that meant the world to her, I know I could have done more, I’m off work and in counselling but nothing is ever going to bring her back, although I still think it’s all a dream. I’ve lost my beautiful past and any future, I visit the cemetery regularly, I’m so lonely already without her…

Hello GL

I am so incredibly sorry to hear that your wife took her own life in June. This must be an extremely difficult time for you, but you’re not alone here. Feeling lost, lonely, and as if you could have done more is completely normal following a bereavement and there are others here who have experienced something similar.

Have you come across an organisation called SOBS? They offer support to people who have been bereaved by suicide and may be worth getting in touch with: https://uksobs.org/

Take care of yourself and don’t hesitate to be in touch if there’s anything I can do to support you.

Eleanor

I have heard of SOBs and been to a meeting, unfortunately it made me worse…I’m in counselling at present…life is terrible but I’ll try everything to see if it can get me through it…at least they can say I tried x

I’m sorry to hear that going to a SOBs meeting made you feel worse. Grief is such a personal experience and there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all form of support, so it’s understandable that the meeting didn’t work for you. It is good that you tried and that you’re also trying counselling - one day you may stumble on to something that really helps.

How are you getting on day to day? Do you have close friends or family supporting you and your 2 children?

I’m struggling every day, I have family who support me, but have withdrawn from friends, my kids are doing fine…it’s not enough though I miss her so much…x

Hi gl

I’m so so sorry for ur loss … I know ur pain I lost my husband 9 weeks ago and like ur wife he was young 36 … the app. Is so hard to deal with … I’m struggling every day and I to have 2 children … my husband died from alcohol poisoning so all though it was not suicide he suffered the week leading up … if u would like to talk and I can help then please message xxx