Lossing my mum

My mum passed away November last year, after being poorly for a few weeks and ended up in hospital. I had to make the unbearable decision to turn off the machines.
She was not only my mum but my best friend and when my dad passed away 7 years ago she moved in with me and my daughter. We became closer than ever.
We supported each other financially and emotionally and when my daughter moved in with her boyfriend my mum was there. My mum was my compass she kept me grounded and now I feel like I’m spinning out of control emotionally and financially but feeling alone is the hardest part

Hello Lossingmymum,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your mum that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

Hi there,

I am so sorry to are here too on this platform with so many with broken hearts. Like you my mum was my best friend and I totally understand how you are feeling. I watched my mum go from being out of breath when walking to her dying 8 weeks! Nothing will take away the pain and at times I feel myself that I cant catch my breath because I am so upset. I am hoping that some time in the future this grief will ease because I know my mum would not want me to continually be traumatised in this way. I have booked to see a counsellor and have joined a grief group which starts in July. I hope both of these help. Wishing you all the strength you can muster during this awful time