Lost Dad and Brother

I lost my wonderful Dad and fantastic Brother on Monday, in separate incidents, both sudden death. They shared a birthday and left us at the same time. The pain is just awful, feels like a physical pain. We can’t make any plans as is in the hands of the coroner. I can’t sleep, food makes me sick. Watching my Brothers Wife and children going through this is unbearable. My husband and children are a great support but they are also devastated. I’m sure in time it will get slightly easier but I don’t know how I’m going to cope without them :broken_heart: :cry:

2 Likes

Dear Honey68,

My heart goes out to you. What an immensely sad situation you are finding yourself in. To lose two people you love, both unexpectedly and both on the same day, is such a massive loss. You and your family must still be in shock. I can understand that you feel devastated. I wished there was something I could do to lessen your pain. I hope that by coming to this site and reading other people’s stories you will find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone, and that people will raech out to you especially some who like you have suffered multiple bereavement. I first joined this site after I had lost first my dad and a year later my mum. This site is a good place to share your feelings and hear from others how they have found ways to cope.
Eating and sleeping in the first few days can be a problem, but are very important because grief takes a lot of energy. As you say, things will get slightly easier in time. For now, just allow yourself to be sad, cry when you need to, and accept all the support others offer you at this difficult time.
Sending you a big virtual hug. xx Jo

2 Likes