Lost dad & now mum

I really don’t know how I’m going to move forward with anything now I’ve lost my mum. I feel lost, broken and in complete despair. She was my world after losing dad in April and getting divorced in June. We messaged each other every day and did things together at the weekend.
I went to stay with her last Friday, she was taken to hospital on Saturday and gone by Sunday night. It was all so quick and I really thought she was getting better, not worse,
Everything is a reminder & I’ve just come across the presents I’ve got her for Christmas, that she’s never going to see.
I’m so exhausted from crying and can’t go out of the house as seeing people shopping & looking forward to Christmas is making me feel worse,
I know people are worried about me but I don’t care about anything right now. X

6 Likes

I’m so sorry, Vicki, you’ve lost so much in so short a time, what a nightmare it must have been. :broken_heart::heart: I’ve lost both my parents (though some years apart). But dad was my anchor when mum left us and now that he isn’t here I have that lost feeling too, like I’m missing direction and compass. It’s horrible. Sending you hugs and strength!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry about the loss of your precious mum. I totally understand the pain and despair your in. I lost my mum 2 days ago very suddenly from a cardiac arrest. I also lost my dad not that long ago , which I’ve never really recovered from.
It’s the most awful time around Christmas when people are enjoying themselves with their families.
I’m sending you lots of love and hugs the way I’m coping is to take one day at a time.
Linda xxx

1 Like

Hi @Vicki7

I’m Kate, part of the Sue Ryder Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum and dad. It sounds like things are really tough right now, but I’m pleased you have been able to share you are feeling here.

I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

• Our Grief Guide self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief

• Our Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS

Sue Ryder also has a range of bereavement information online and I thought our coping with grief at Christmas article may be a helpful read as I understand it’s a a particularly challenging time of year when you are grieving Coping with grief at Christmas | Sue Ryder

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team