Lost Mum and Dad

First message i’ve put on here. Hello and lots of love to people carrying pain in their hearts for wonderful people gone too soon. I lost my Mum at 3. She had Lung cancer. And my Dad 2 years ago.I’m 36 now. For me the hardest part is I don’t have any one around me going through this.The world is so different now. Has less meaning. It makes me feel so alone. My lovely Dad was my world and died suddenly of a pulmonary Embolism. I didn’t see it coming. I couldnt say bye. Would love to conmect with people here who might feel similar feelingsX

1 Like

Hello @Jodie ,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum and Dad. It sounds as though things are very different now and you are feeling alone.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share this link with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost both Mum and Dad last year within 12 weeks of each other. What makes things worse is that I had to have my handsome Labrodor, Bruno, put to sleep just before Mum died. I didn’t really grieve properly last year, because everything seemed to follow on from each other. After Dad died we then put our house for sale. We bought my brother’s share of Mum and Dad’s bungalow with the proceeds. The day after moving in I was rushed to hospital with Gallbladder problems. I’ve been in hospital 3 times since February.
After being discharged last week I feel so low and can’t stop bursting into tears. Next Tuesday would be Mum’s birthday and the 25th May is the first anniversary of my Bruno passing away. It’s come from nowhere and hit me like a train. I can’t stop thinking about Mum, Dad and Bruno. I miss them so much and keep on crying without warning.
My wife is wonderful and we talk things through, but I just feel so inconsolable.
My brother suffers from depression and is also having a hard time. I try to be positive, but I can’t come to terms with the horrible events of last year.

So what direction do we take ? I thought about my mum again today, I lost her last August. I lived with mum for 50 odd years. Not posted for awhile on here due to work and having problems with my lower back too. I know I wouldn’t have mum forever she died at 95. But so many memories together doing things. Now like everyone on here I am alone. Never been married or had kids so not a lot of support for me. Except a aunty in Australia and a couple of friends and people in social media.

1 Like