Lost Mum

Hi
Joined today never been on a forum. Lost Mum 2 weeks ago funeral in a couple of days. Mum battled with severe Alzheimer’s but was in a very caring home.
I just feel numb and whilst I know she is now at peace I am so sad for the unhappy life she led. I cannot seem to come to terms with the fact she is no longer here xxxx

3 Likes

Hi @Sue211160 sorry for your loss. It’s very early days and it’ll take time to process what’s happened. Loads of us on here are trying to navigate this grief journey and losing our beloved mums. Keep posting and it’ll help and you’ll get support especially when you realise much of what you’re feeling is very normal :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much for responding. I’m surprised how much your words have meant. I will certainly keep posting as I process mum’s passing. I think it will help being in a community that understands xx

Reading and posting here has helped me when I’ve been in the dark after losing my dad and I hope it will help you. I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m a little further along than you, but it still doesn’t feel real. Take care of yourself and don’t look ahead, try to survive one minute or hour at a time. :heart:

Thank you and sorry for your loss also. Nothing really prepares you for it. But know time and I think this forum will help xx

1 Like

You’re right nothing prepares you fit it. It doesn’t matter how old, or what health issues they may have they are our mums and nothing can fill that void when they’ve gone. My dad died of cancer five years back, I think I handled his death better than how I’m handling mum’s. Perhaps because I had to be strong for mum at the time, who knows, but he really did suffer. With mum, although 83, she lived independently and I’d only seen her three hours beforehand so it was such a shock. However she got her wish and died at home with no suffering or pain. But for those left behind it can be so traumatic trying to process the loss. I’m just taking one day at a time, remembering the special memories we had together and the strong woman that she brought into this world. :heart:

1 Like

I try and remember Great times with my Mum
I to feel Guilty which is part of the Greiving process I been told
I know my Mum is at peace she’d had enough struggling
My Mum looked peaceful when she pass away
Take each day as it comes remember the Great times and be kind to yourself
Take care

1 Like