Lost my best friend, husband

I cannot do anything…dishes ,laundry, can’t sleep more than 1 hour at a time. We were attached at the hip for 25 years, I do not think I can do this…

Hello buchanancat

It will be no help but I feel the same, we were together 47 years and everything is pointless now. I miss him so much and dread the days and weeks ahead.

My partner died suddenly and my life went from a happy retirement we were both looking forward to into a daily nightmare.

I can get through the chores but go to pieces when I think of what we’d be doing if he was here. Sleeping - I usually doze off listening to talk radio but it doesn’t last for long. Like you I don’t think I can keep going either.

Take care and I hope you find some peace, J x

I know it is hard. I felt the same when my husband died suddenly last Christmas day. I somehow got through the next few months. I started a part time job this week and have been feeling very anxious about it, but I have to force myself to do these things. You will cope, honestly you will. There are days when I think that I will never stop panicking and worrying about the most stupid things. And others when I think… I can and will do this. It takes time and I still have a long way to go but it does get easier. Trust yourself and be gentle with yourself. X