Lost my dad

I lost my dad in 2020 and I am the youngest from all my siblings and I feel I’ve had to be the strongest
I feel guilty for laughing and getting on with my life I loved him dearly

4 Likes

I lost my father in September and I’m the youngest as well, every day is tourture for me

It’s hard to think that things will ease slightly in time and you will feel slightly better.

Get out if you can, walk, talk, look after yourself & do what you have to do each day.

By taking a day at a time, hopefully your burden of grief will ease.

Xx

2 Likes

Hi @Snoreen,

I can see that you are new to the community - thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad last year. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find it helpful to know that Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. If you feel some one-to-one support may be useful, you can find more information about the service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please do keep on reaching out.

Take care,

Becca

2 Likes

Thank you for having something like this available, it’s been a great help

2 Likes