Lost my dad

One week one day. Dad wanted to die at home but he died in sue Ryder. Not his wishes but they looked after him, he was only there for 9 hours, maybe I should of left him at home but mums disabled and couldn’t cope. I was with him alone at the end just him and I dispute being one of seven children. I feel privileged yet jealous of the others. They don’t live with the nighttime thoughts. All I see and hear was his final moments. I can’t sleep, eat or work. When will this nightmare become more bearable? I’m broken and I’m lost :broken_heart:

1 Like

Hello @Natty1 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to for the loss of your dad. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these resources with you which can hopefully help you through these early days of grief.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen