I lost my dad one week ago. He was fine till he went for a regular check up and ended up admitting in the hospital. He got brain clots for which everyone said can be cured by medicines including the Doctors but all of a sudden they put him on the ventilator as he got a brain stroke. It’s been 8 months since I last saw him as I’m studying abroad. I never imagined the next time I would see him is like this. I don’t know how to overcome this pain. Within a span of 4 months I lost my uncle who is very much close to me then, my grandmother and now my father. I don’t even have the strength to cope up anymore
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dad, uncle and grandmother. I see that you are new to Community, I do hope it will be of support and comfort to you.
You can connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself by using the search bar above. The support here is incredible.
There are few resources I would like to share with you that may be of help and support to you at this time.
- self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief Grief Guide
- Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This service is also useful for family and friends
- Information on the Stages of Grief
- Our Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through
- There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you.
Please continue to reach out. You are not alone, we are all here for you.
Thank you so much