Lost my Dad

I lost my Dad just over 6 weeks ago. Christmas and New year has been so tough. I cant seem to shake the feeling of deep sadness if that makes sense.

6 Likes

I makes perfect sense, sadly. I can’t either. I’m very sorry for your loss. :heart: I lost my dad some weeks ago too and it’s like a black hole opened before me. There are some longer threads for us who have lost a parent that might look for and post in, there’s often more activity there.

1 Like

Thank you so much for replying. Im so sorry that your in this situation too.

1 Like

Would you mind if i messaged you? I have no one who i can talk to about it fully. Im supporting my Mum and of course i dont want to talk to her about my feelings too much

2 Likes

No, not at all. I haven’t got any people around me to talk to either and this site has been a great help.

1 Like

I lost my dad on New Years Eve and my heart hurts so much I think it’s actually broken I can’t see a way through this at all, I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do to get through it. I’m trying to support my mum through this but is just too hard and I feel guilty when I have to leave her on her own.

4 Likes

Im so sorry your going through this situation. Im a few weeks in and still doesnt feel real.

1 Like

Hey

I also lost my Dad 6 weeks ago in a road traffic collision and I too struggled a lot, especially on New Years Eve, so please know you are not alone. It’s so hard to think of entering a new year without them, so just take the time you need and allow yourself to feel what you feel. The first year will be the hardest as we will have to experience a lot of ‘firsts’ but please know you are not alone in feeling like this.
Take care.
Heather

My heart goes out to you, lost my Dad 4th December he lived with me & Hubby.
I’m so angry when people say hope you had a nice Christmas & HNY I just want to scream at them. Sending you huge hugs. :green_heart:

2 Likes

My heart goes out to you. I lost my Dad 6 weeks ago to cancer and it was a traumatic and deeply painful journey. I am lost, depressed, alone, scared, every day. After his funeral I became worse. His ashes are coming tomorrow and I am so down, I have no idea how to make myself feel better or hopeful for the future. His car was also taken away today, it’s like im losing little bits of him :pensive:. I would give anything to see him again, to give him his life back, a life he loved and a retirement he was so excited for but never got the chance to have. I think about him every second of every day. Sometimes I feel okey, numb more than anything, but most of the time I feel like I’ll never recover, like I’ll never be myself again or feel happy again. I’m so lost :disappointed: :broken_heart:

3 Likes

“I am lost, depressed, alone, scared, every day.”

Just wanted to say that yes, me too. :pleading_face::heart:

2 Likes

@Ulma big hug from afar xxx

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss my thoughts and prays are with you
I lost my mam in august the pain is stil raw
New year has started off really badly my aunty liver was failing same thing that happened to my mam my world has fell apart again
If you want to chat I will reply

Clare, I don’t doubt that your heart is broken. Mine is. My dad is everything to me. Our faces lit up every time we saw each other. I worship him. I’m beyond lucky to be his daughter.

I was thinking last night, that when he died I felt like I did, too. I can’t explain that, but it felt like the worst thing that could ever happen to me.

It’s the worst thing that has happened to me, bar nothing. I used to worry myself over the most trivial nonsense. But I was happy then. Because I had my protector, my best friend, my :heart:, my dad.

3 Likes

Awwwwww this has brought me to tears the bond you share with your dad no words can describe the pain your going through
Loosing anyone is so hard for me it was me mam the day she died a piece of me died with her
Anytime you wanna chat I’m here
Everyone on this site has been wonderful

1 Like

I lost my beautiful Dad on 28th December. It was very quick and I was with him until the end. The grief is so overwhelming. I feel like all the joy has left my life. He was such an important part of my life. I can’t believe he’s gone…
I have lots of amazing friends and people to talk to but I don’t want to keep crying or talking to them continually.
Sending love to all :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Charyll, that’s very kind. This is a great site, isn’t it. The moderators also do a great job :blush:

My cousin got me this for Christmas not the same without her her legacy will live on through me and my children my dog loves her too

1 Like

So sorry for your loss you have come to the right place as everyone is so supportive and nice
We are all in this together
For me is was me mam she died of a broken heart was with me step dad for 21 years they got married he died 5 weeks later
Me mam hit the drink the doctor told her on the 16th august if you leave you will collapse and will lead to death
Sat morning she was found in her flat the pain will never leave my mind of heart I’m so lost without her her legacy will love on through me and my children