Lost my dad

My dad who was my absolute world unexpectedly died 22 months ago and because it was so unexpected I am struggling to deal with it, my dad was my best friend and my world and I feel like my world has gone and I don’t know how to live without him, I just get through every day as best I can.

Hello Val.Ann,

I am so sorry to hear that your dad died unexpectedly 22 months ago. It is common and completely understandable that you’re struggling to deal with such an expected loss. It sounds as though you and your dad were extremely close. Do you have anyone at home who is supporting you? A friend or a family member perhaps?

This community is here for you and I’m sure you’ll get some supportive replies very soon. Whilst you’re waiting, have you had a look at our advice pages? There are some articles there that might be useful for you, particularly this one on coping with bereavement: https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/someone-close-to-me-has-died/advice-and-support/how-can-i-cope-with-bereavement

Take care,
Eleanor

I’m sorry for your loss. I also lost my dad and like you, he was my everything. Life lost all its colour since he left, 4 months ago. The only thought that helps me is thinking that he’ll always be with me, in me, in my mind and in my heart.