Lost my dad

My Dad died 2 days ago. My entire body hurts. Sometimes I can’t breathe but I have to keep going for my kids and siblings and my mum.
I’m ok one minute and break down the next. I feel so lost. I feel sick and scared all the time…

1 Like

@Mack
So sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you feel I lost my mam a week ago suddenly in front of me. I could not breathe for two days straight I was really on edge nervous, felt pains all over thought I was going to die. A week on and I do feel abit better I do have ups and down and still very scared but keep posting on here and talking to others has really helped me. Do you have support?

I have my husband who is fabulous, but I feel he doesn’t understand. My dad was sudden and I walked in on ambulance crew doing CPR… He died while I held him but I feel angry and sad and scared . Every time I close my eyes I see him. I can’t stop crying one minute and completely numb the next…

1 Like

I feel your pain, it’s exactly what happened to me and I know exactly how you are feeling, I was scared to sleep as every time I drifted off i dreamt I collapsing and couldn’t breathe, i kept seeing the image of my mam, but it has eased slightly. It’s horrible as you never expect it but when it happens it’s like a rug being pulled from under you. You will feel better, if it helps sleep with a little light on and low background noise it hit me through a few nights. It’s really early and very raw for you but you will feel less scared, remember deep controlled breaths when feeling scared

1 Like

Oh Mack, im so, so sorry for the loss of your dad :broken_heart::pensive:. I lost mine in November and those first weeks and after their funeral are pain like nothing you can ever feel. I watched my strong father suffer and lose his life to cancer, and although i cry less now, the pain is deep inside my soul, and I think about him all the time. The hardest thing is to except they are gone, the finality its horrendous… but the pain does ease, i promise it’ll get easier, although we never miss them any less. Just tonight I’ve sat in bed crying going over and over his last weeks, his pain and sadness. I’ve only survived this by learning to live in the moment and forcing myself to not think of the past all the time and not stress about the future ever (well as much as we can). It’s helped reminding myself daily ‘what would dad tell me to do right now’, and he’d want me to push forward with life and enjoy it. Easier said than done without them, but life is so precious and so fleeting.

My heart goes out to you tonight, my partner never understood my pain either, and we grew very distant and I resented him, but that’s passed too recently and we’re rebuilding again. Losing our Dads forever changes us, and it’s up to us to find positivity in each day, which im certain you will in time. It’s going to be such a hard year of first for us all without our parent :broken_heart: take care of you xxx

1 Like