Lost my dad

Recently lost my dad in March to cancer
I was him at home woth my mum and son
I new it was going to be hard
But guess not ever seeing and going through this I didn’t no how hard .
I kept strong for dad and mum .
Thst week was the hardest watching dad die .
I then have done everything to help mum and thought I was strong
Then last week bang the reality had kicked in
I’m so emotional keep crying , forgetting things doing stupid things , trying to be strong but I’m broken . I feel alone lost numb . I’m all over the place . Feel like I’m going mad
And I muss my dad so much .

3 Likes

@Harley01 so sorry for ypur loss, it’s very raw at the momwnt and what youre experiencing is natural. Grief can be all consuming, tiring, heart breaking yet sometimes needed. We need to grieve and let put the emotions otherwise they stay inside and make us feel worse.
Crying for your dad is a first step in grieving youve had an awful loss and your body is expressing itself.
Talking is good too, its a good stress reliever…especially to others who are going through or who have been through what you’re going through.

Hi @Harley01,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about dad.

I’m sure others will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

• Our Grief Guide website is a self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you understand and cope with your grief

• Our Grief Coach text message service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS

• Our Bereavement Information pages which can help to explain much of what you may be feeling or experiencing.

Shout are also contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

I really hope you find the community a good source of support, and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take good care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team