Lost my husband 3 months ago

I find it hard to keep the house the tidy i find i watch tv more I have 3 kids at school when they at school i find myself just watch tv instead when i should doing housework

Hi Dionne,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your husband. It’s really common to have low energy and not to feel up to doing things. You are coping with an overwhelming loss and it’s important to allow yourself to grieve, so don’t beat yourself up if the house is more untidy than it would normally be.

I’m glad that you’ve found this Online Community and I hope that it helps a little to be able to share things here. If you read some of the posts by other users, I think you will see that you aren’t alone in much of what you are feeling. For example:

How are your kids doing? We have some information on our website about supporting children with grief, which you might find helpful: https://support.sueryder.org/practical-emotional-advice/how-can-i-support-child-bereavement

I lost my husband on 24th December 2017, I too have three children at school. My house is messy, laundry everywhere. I sit and watch tv all day long. There seems no point without him because he was so important. I feel physically sick all the time and my children are the same, telling me I feel sick mom. My 11 year old said ‘our life revolved around my daddy and I liked it that way’!

I lost my husband on 24th December 2017, I too have three children at school. My house is messy, laundry everywhere. I sit and watch tv all day long. There seems no point without him because he was so important. I feel physically sick all the time and my children are the same, telling me I feel sick mom. My 11 year old said ‘our life revolved around my daddy and I liked it that way’!

We both should look to future our children still need us we all will always have memories the great time we shared

Dionne, I lost my beautiful wife just before Christmas & I feel exactly like you I just can’t get motivated even tho I know I should, I’ve no children at home & the house just feels so empty now,