Lost my husband last month only 35 years old

I am absolutely gutted. I have 2 children how on earth do I get them over this when I’m struggling myself?

Dear Joanna, This must be the most awful time for you and your children . I hope you find the help you need. Don’t be afraid to ask family and friends for practical help. People say “whatever i can do” then leave it up to you to ask for help. Find time to grieve with your children. There are places that support children through bereavement.The mentor on here can probably help you find them . Wishing you well at this sad time. Jx

1 Like

Dear Joanna, my heart goes out to you and your children. It’s been 16 weeks since I lost my partner of 29 years, he was 43. I like you have two children together. The only advice I can give is to take things a day at a time, you probably like me can’t look too far ahead as it is too painful. There are alot of resources available online to support yourself and your children, I have found Winstons Wish very helpful. As hard as it’s going to be, try to keep the childrens routine and accept help from friends and family. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to do everything because you will find it so overwhelming.

Tomorrow being father’s Day will be especially hard, I’m really not looking forward it. Some seem to take comfort by doing something to mark the day but I just can’t yet it’s all too raw.

Hopefully you have people around you to talk to, you’ll need this. And as I said, just take things a day at a time.

Sending you hugs.
Tracey xx

I think I am going to let off some balloons tommorow, but I’m going ot find it difficult as we only had his funeral on Wednesday. Not sure it’s the right thing to do but I am going to try.
I will have a look at that Winstons Wish thank you x

Hi Joanne, balloons sound like a lovely idea. I’ve been talking to my daughter tonight and she would like to have an Indian which was her dad’s favourite meal.

Take care of yourself.

Tracey
Xx

1 Like

I am sorry to hear about your loss and i lost my partner in november she would of been 55 on 14th of june and i struggled at first and was having problem of getting my disabled adult son back to his mam after a weekend visit too and thought i could not cope either and all i can say is you all need to talk about it to help you through it as does help as i learned from past not to bottle things up now like i did years ago when i was having problems over my children with my ex and even though my partner knew i was down i never said anything, was it sudden or had he been poorly for awhile as be certain ways you can try to explain things to them through yourself or family or even as doctor to go to counselling to help yous all through this horrible time.x

I’m in the same boat… it’s been 18 months - mine are 6 and 9. Literally nothing prepares you for this. Then world pandemic comes to make everything thousand times worse. Xx