Lost my husband

I lost my husband, my best friend and the only person who knew and understood me.
My life before him was abuse and pain and now I feel it all again.
He made the dark days bright and the other ones even sparkle
I looked after him through his illness and now he has gone and I have nothing

4 Likes

Dear @Vicki21 I am so sorry that you have lost your most precious husband and that you are feeling this way. I understand how painful this must be having lost my husband 4 months ago and the way it leaves you feeling shattered and empty. Husbands are our protection and warmth without them we feel vulnerable and lost. You have come to the right place as you will find there are avenues of support that suit you in time I signed up to the sue Ryder grief coach and read other posts and find both helpful. I hope you find something that helps your grief
Jen x

1 Like

It doesn’t seem enough at this time - but you have your lovely memories. I think in time you will be more able to think about those times rather than the loss. None of this is easy, and I’m not saying it gets better or easier, just different.
I lost my husband 10 months ago so I am travelling this path of grief with you.
Xx

1 Like

I understand how you are feeling as this is me. I write in a journal and write lists of what I need to do that day just so I can feel I have achieved something however small when I can cross it off. Don’t forget to try and look after yourself

1 Like