Lost My Mother

I lost my Mum yesterday and am feeling lost. I have a holiday booked in 9 days, would this be a good thing to take my mind off things or a disaster?
I keep crying I & off, feel weird like it’s not real.

1 Like

Hi
I’m so so sorry for your loss. I lost my mum in October and it still feels like a shock. After we did the funeral we took a few days out as a family to do something “fun” and that did help at the time. I’d say since I got home though it hit me very hard when I tried to get back to normal life. I’ve also been crying on and off and it could be at the most random time when a thought of memory fills my mind. Please feel free to reach out at any time, the thoughts in your head can really weigh you down when you’re alone

2 Likes

Thank you for replying. It’s so very hard isn’t it.
I can’t stop crying, but feel bad for doing it, I know that’s silly.
I guess it’s all a it much to process at the moment.
Sorry for your lost :frowning:

1 Like

Lost my mum in October and it’s very tough. I’ve been crying lots today and on and off. Some days ok.
Sending you lots of love and all I can say is remember to try and breathe. These intense waves of emotion will be coming a lot and hopefully will become less in time. .

2 Likes

I guess it’s early days for us both :disappointed:
It’s just there are memories everywhere I look, plus mind racing.
So sorry for your loss too, life is just crazy sometimes:(

1 Like

So sorry for your loss, I know it’s a shock and a mix of emotions in the first few days after this happens.
I also lost my mum December last year and like you I had a holiday booked. Though christmas was tough, but I took the holiday straight after.
It wasn’t an easy decision but I kept hearing mum say you go, life is for living.
I was so glad I did as it gave me time away from everyday life to gather my thoughts, time to remember the good times with my mum, and for me I had no doubt she would have wanted me to go.
My advice is go and dont feel guilty, but this was me, we are all different and it has to be right for you.
I hope you have family around to support you, my thoughts are with you, take care.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting and sorry too for your loss.
My hubby thinks I should go on holiday and it will be good for me, I am just worried about making a fool of myself and start crying in public. I am not a howler, but I fear when the tears come, it will be tricky holding them back. My Mum would be saying “Go!” Just like your Mum did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. Lost my amazing mum on Tuesday and can’t imagine normal like again. Funeral is on Friday and have no idea how I will cope.

Filled with regret of what I could have done more of but also loads of lovely memories x

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your lose.
It’s very hard to bear and I almost feel like it’s not true.
I looked after my Mum along with carers, but feel as you do that I should of done more and not got fed-up with the workload of doing her washing etc.