Lost my mum hurts every time I try to carry on

Hi, I lost my mum nearly a year ago I don’t know where the year has gone it’s gone so fast but one massive blur it’s like I have been here but not really. I’m just wondering if anyone has experience like this that can help. I am struggling with the loss of my mum I feel like I have lost my self as well I really struggle with how the world keeps turning when mine has fallen apart I struggled with this at the start and still struggle a year on. Every time I do something normal so go to work or go out or go for lunch then after math of that is so painful I go back down hill again it’s not so much guilty for doing these things it’s more that by doing these things I’m accepting that she’s gone and deep down I know I’m not ready to accept that yet so every time I go out or carry on in the world to put it I feel like I’m taking 10 steps back after I do these things I can’t sleep again I’m crying everything feels so hard again they always feel hard but some days just harder I know the world keeps spinning I’m just not ready for it or ready to accept it yet.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum, @Tasha3. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” - hopefully someone will be along to offer their support.

1 Like

Hello Tasha, it’s alright to let go. The more you hang on the more hurt you will invite. Change in itself is never painful, but our resistance to it will cause suffering. My heart goes out to you.

1 Like

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
Frist im sorry for your loss of your mam :heart: you are not alone this is the way im feeling right now too, i lost my mam January 2023 the first year went so fast and now i feel lost and dont know what to do with my life , i careed for my mam for a lot of years …all i can say is take day by day and enjoy the little moments when you are out doing normal things, and dont be so hard on yourself do some things that make u happy self care is so important :heart:…if u have sad days then be sad its ok to feel like this and dust yourself off the next and say i can do this be your cheerleader …take care

1 Like

Hi Tasha

I think we all go forward and backwards with the loss of losing a mum. Yes the world spins and everyone goes about their life’s, oblivious to you and your loss. Cafes effect me as my mum liked a pot of tea and a cake. Just thinking about it brings the tears, even reading things on here gets me emotional. We have to live with it I guess, we don’t want too and we don’t want to feel like this either. But what can we do ? what’s the answer ? I don’t know and it’s been 6 months now for me.