Lost my mum now brother ill

Hi there - I have been looking at this site for some months. My mum died last year and I seem to have been through so many different emotions connected with her death since then. I thought I was coping and more accepting of it than I had been. Unfortunately my brother is now very poorly and is due to have a biopsy shortly and it appears from what the hospital have said that it is very serious. Firstly the thought of losing my brother is devastating and I cannot stop crying. It is on my mind from when I wake up with a feeling of doom in my stomach - if I feel like that goodness knows how my brother is feeling. Secondly, the thought of my brother dying when we have been through so much with mum just seems such rotten luck for him. He was hoping to get his life back on track and is still grieving for mum and now has this illness to cope with and everything that entails.

1 Like

Hello Janet, I am sorry for all you are going through and I know you love your brother very much and understand fully how you feel.
Everyone on this site will give you support and send you love because we understand what life is like when things like this occurs.
When someone special leaves us there’s a big hole and it takes a long time for that hole to get some covering but then when something happens the hole reopens and that’s what because of your brother illness. Take each day, one at a time and be kind to yourself. Sending you big hugs and blessings. S xx

Hi there - I last posted back in April. Sadly since then my brother has died. He sailed through his chemo but ended up with sepsis which they couldn’t clear although they tried him with all sorts of antibiotics. I was lucky enough to see him in the last week and a half of his life though we couldn’t really hold a conversation. I cried so many tears over those last few weeks but now I just feel numb which doesn’t feel right. I can’t believe he has gone, we were going to grow old together. Out of the family I knew growing up I am now the only one left. I miss both my brother and mum so much

2 Likes

poor, poor thing! I am so sorry. heartbreaking to speak of his grief, no time to grieve for his mother …

I am very sorry. :heartpulse: your being numb is normal. do not resist grief, this double loss.

you have to go through it sadly …

Hello

I’m very sorry to hear about your mother and brother. I lost my brother 2 years ago , 3 years and 8 months after my mother. I am devastated as I have no immediate family.

It must be really hard for you

Look after yourself