Lost my mum suddenly

My name is Beth,l lost my mum to a heart attack in February 2020.It was pure luck that l was visiting her that day,she wanted me to trim her hair as she hated the hairdressers.We knew she wasn’t well as she had been referred to the hospital about her heart and her breathing wasn’t good as she smoked and had just turned 72. I trimmed her hair,she said she didn’t feel well and went to the bathroom,when she came down she said she had a headache.She pointed out that the plant l bought her for mother’s day the previous year was still looking good.She then said jokingly that at least her hair would look good for her funeral,at this l started to cry and she said it was sad that l was suffering already. A minute later she said she didn’t feel well and had what we later learned was a heart attack,l caught her in my arms before she fell and told her how much l loved her,before shouting my brother so we could do resuscitation.before that she made horrible noises trying to breathe.we couldn’t do it.hhe ambulance arrived and tried.l saw my mum naked from the waist up and dead.my heart is broken.l feel broken.

Hi Beth
What a traumatic experience for you and your mum was still so young. My mum died last year from a sudden brain haemorrhage. She was 74 and I thought she would go on for years.
My dad had a heart at home aged 53 and died immediately. Like you, I feel lost and we just have to keep going.
The images of your mum in those last moments will fade. Lots of people on this site understand and are here to talk.
Cheryl x

1 Like

Heart attack I mean

Thanks for your kind words ,it really helps to reach out to people who understand.So sorry about your mum,it’s such a shock when it’s so sudden xx

Thanks Beth xx

1 Like

I am so sorry to read this - such a shock for you. My mum had a massive heart attack - we did manage to get in and see her in hospital before she passed. Sending love to everyone suffering and trying to deal with the emotions and memories xx

1 Like

Thank you,yes a massive shock,feel supported by connecting with people who understand,thanks x

We are in a private club that none of us wanted to join - but here we are. The one positive is that we can help each other. Take care xx

1 Like