Lost my mum yesterday

My mum passed away yesterday she had vascular dementia and was in a nursing home where she caught the virus and died, l know she is now free of suffering and reunited with my dad who died last year but lm feeling lost can’t stop crying and miss them both

2 Likes

Hi. I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my mum in January and I still can’t get my head around it. I hope you find some comfort here with people that understand, take care

1 Like

Hi Starcat. It’s OK to cry and express emotions. It can take the edge off the awful feeling of loss and loneliness that always follows bereavement… I have experience of dementia and it’s not something I would want for anyone. To see a loved one suffer in this way seems so unfair.
So soon after one loss you are suffering another. It reminds, and that is very upsetting. Yes, free from suffering and at peace! I found that a great consolation when the pain gets so bad. But we need that peace as much as anyone, and we have to come to terms with what has happened or go under into a life of pain and regret. The process of bereavement begins and we need go with it and not fight it. Emotions will out in some way, and if we ‘bottle up’ they will come back in a physical form and bite us.
It’s good you are here with so many in your position. Grief is very much a personal experience and if you feel emotional as you will, do your own thing. There are no set rules or methods. Counselling can help a lot. But it should be bereavement counselling with someone who is trained in that particular discipline. Talking to a counsellor who has not gone through this awful experience or is not trained in bereavement counselling can be useless.
Take care and come back and talk if you want. This is a good place to be. Blessings. John.

1 Like

Hi, I am really sorry for the loss of your Mum, you must be devastated, every bodies Mum is special, she is the person who brought you into the world and has been with you forever, now she has gone, it makes no difference that she had dementia, this virus is so cruel, of course you can’t stop crying, that’s normal, you must take a day at a time, I hope you have somebody to support you at this awful time and help you get through the next days and weeks, we are here to support you, whenever you need it xx

1 Like