Lost my mum

I lost my mum on 15th January. She was in hospital for 3 weeks before Christmas. When she came home we all thought she was going to be ok. I even quit my job to become part of her care team (she had severe MS) she was so happy that I’d become part of her care team. Then she just took a turn for the worse. She stopped eating, wouldn’t take her medication and was in quite abit of pain. 2 days later she was gone. I haven’t been coping very well and miss her so much. She was my go to whenever I needed advice on anything and she’s always been there for me. I feel loneliness sometimes which I shouldn’t as I have a 19 year old son but I have an emptiness. I feel anxious when I go out on my own. Some days I feel ok then I just start crying.

I was mums carer. Lost her week before xmas. Feel for you and sending hugs maybe only virtual but symbolic of the kind people on this site who understand your painx

I am very sorry to hear of your recent loss. Horrible times indeed and the way events happen can be almost too much to bear. Mums are always our goto people so the loss is immense when we don’t have them anymore. I lost my mum 6 months ago and I’m still feeling the deep loss of things that meant so much to me and yet I almost took for granted. You say you shouldn’t feel lonely and yet that is perfectly normal. You can feel lonely in a roomful of people or while with family or friends. Nothing can replace your mum so the loneliness can be profound and not easily understood. I have felt lonely plenty of times and yet I have a family. You are among people here who understand just about anything you might say and certainly if there is one place you won’t feel lonely it’s here so if you want to talk about your mum, there are plenty of people willing to listen. You will have up and down days that’s for sure, bit like a yo-yo and if you feel like crying then that’s totally fine. My thoughts are with you.

2 Likes

Thank you. Sorry for your loss. Sending you a virtual hug as well x

Thank you vicshepx

Hi shaun73
Thank you.