Lost my mum

I have just lost my mum 4 weeks ago.spend most of the day in tears,numb,looking for her and the pain is unbearable.

4 Likes

Hi Sunshine2,

Iā€™m very sorry for your loss.

I lost my Father five months ago, shortly after a cancer diagnosis. I still experience these feelings on a daily basis, some days are worse than others but there is a constant sadness and longing for my Dad. I am told there will always be a piece missing but we learn to build around the loss.

I have found the grief very isolating but there are people here who understand how difficult losing a loved one is.

You are not alone.

Take care,
Xx

1 Like

Hi sunshine2 im so sorry for your loss.I lost my mum just over 2 years ago.I know how hard it is especially just after.Life just feels surreal and you feel lost and so many different emotions.I was constantly crying after i lost my mum and feeling like it was so unfair.I miss my mum every day and i wish she was here.I wish i could say something that could help.Time doesnt heal but it does help and things start to feel less raw as time goes on even though it doesnt feel like it.Things will eventually start to feel less hard to deal with and life will feel worth living again.I never thought it at the time though.Sending big hugs.

1 Like