Lost my mum

This has been a bad week just going to work then home to bed i cant cope with the guilt i feel off not being there for my mum when she passed.i know shes at peace now with my dad but that doesnt make thing any easier hate coming home to a empty house .

Hello June45,

How are you feeling today?

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having such a difficult time at the moment. It sounds like you’re being overwhelmed by a number of different emotions, which must be making it hard to cope. Do you have anyone to talk to about how you’re feeling? A close friend or another family member perhaps?

You may have already seen, but we have a new online counselling service for community members. This is a completely free service and sessions are held over video chat so you can attend from home. If you think this additional support would be helpful for you, there’s some more information about the service here.

Something else you may find helpful is our article on how to cope with bereavement. The article talks through the thoughts and feelings that are commonly associated with bereavement and includes some suggestions for how to manage.

Take good care of yourself and do let me know if there’s anything I can support you with.

Best wishes,
Eleanor

Iam so so still got a lot going in in my head i have a brother whi diesnt know my mum has passed.we took the decision not to tell him because he was a nasty peace of work he gavr mum and dad a hard time from the age of 13 .dont know why i feel bad for not letting him know .