Lost my partner

I lost my partner of 12 years 3 weeks ago.it was sudden an anarisum.we were laughing and joking in the morning and he was gone in the afternoon.iam beside myself I lost my rock my soul mate.my only love.i can’t eat.cant sleep.i can’t even go to bed

1 Like

Hi, I’m sorry for your loss. I know that feeling my husband went to work and didn’t come home. Within the space of hours your world has turned upside down, you feel as if you have been hit by a train. I didn’t eat for three weeks, lost a stone in weight and lost my voice three days after he died. It is very early days for you try to be kind to yourself, don’t put yourself under too much pressure and don’t let anyone else pressure you into doing something you really don’t want to. My thoughts are with you. Take care Marilyn x

1 Like

Dear Penne, I am so sorry for you on the loss of your husband, and can relate to everything you are feeling. Mine died in June following an accident in a supermarket. We had been married for 66 years and I was lucky to have been with him for so long. But I feel as if half of me has been torn away, and what is left of my future is nothing. There isn’t much I can say to you except look after yourself and don’t make any rash decisions. I moved just one month after my husband died and it was a big mistake. I regret it now but can’t change things. All I want is for Christmas to be over so that I can try to come to terms with the loss. Posting your feelings on here can be helpful as we are all in the same boat and know what it is like to lose someone you love. Take care. Eileen

1 Like

Hi Penne, I’ve just joined this site tonight. Sorry for your loss. I’m 33 I lost my partner of 16 years suddenly too on the 5th of October. I feel exactly the same lost and numb,the only thing that keeps me sane is my 7 year old daughter. I hope in time we both learn to cope. Much love

Hi Penne
I am in exactly the same position, lost my wife of 25 years on 5th Nov, from an aneurysm. Thanks I feel lost and frightened for the future, being alone seems to be the scary thought. My wife would have coped better than me, so I am trying to be strong and think of what she would have wanted me to do. I am just thinking of each day at a time, yes I cry everyday, I haven’t been strong enough to empty her room yet, but there is no rush. I think I am denial still, because it came out of the blue, no warning, no illness, I am probably still in shock.
I have thoughts of moving house, changing job, but as most people will say it’s too early to make any big changes.
I don’t have any children, but I don’t know if that is better or worst, I do have a brother and sister that hav3 been very supportive.would it matter if I was not around any more? Probably not, but it would hurt relatives, they would then be in the same situation as I am in, feeling like crap. So I will try and push through each day, week, month and what ever is ahead.
I just want to feel better than I currently do, never forget, but try and think of some positives for my future.
Try and sleep, go to your GP get some tablets, sleep is a great healer, also crying, every time you do it helps repair you, just a little pice at a time.
I wish you well, and you can try and find some inner strength for the future.

I lost my husband 4 weeks ago tomorrow. We were on holiday when he collapsed and I had to do cpr for an hour waiting for help. I can’t forget his last moments nor face my life without him. We did everything together. He was so much stronger than me and I try to think what he would do but it’s just so hard.

2 Likes

Dear Janey, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your husband, and know exactly how you must be feeling after such a terrible shock. Mine died six months ago after an accident and I still cannot imagine how I am going to carry on without him. We were married for 66 years and went everywhere together, so I am totally lost without him. All I can say to you is, look after yourself and don’t make any serious decisions yet. I moved a month after my husband died, and bitterly regret it. I do sometimes feel that I am beginning to come to terms with my loss but still have very dark days when all I want is to be with him. I think that posting your feelings on here helps a little as we are all in the same boat and understand. If you want to have counselling, Cruse have a very long waiting list but there are others, and it might help. With kind regards. Eileen

1 Like

I lost my partner of 12 years 2 in May totally unexpectedly- our circumstances weren’t straight forward but he meant the world 2 me. I miss him every single day, I’m only 32 now, he was 48 so I’m told I can move on but I can’t. I hope you can feel like there is a tomorrow that’s all I’m living - day by Day. Much love. X

1 Like

I am so sorry. I can’t believe I am going to say this to you
Eighteen months ago I lost my soul mate, my love and my life. We had been together for over 40years.
I still miss him and love him but your heart deals with it and you will find the strength. I am now able to find friendship from different sources. You will get over this terrible time
My thoughts are with tou

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it, I’m so sorry for your loss too.

If I can help in anyway if only by talking please text me. I know exactly how you feel and you will get through it. Message anytime.

Thank you so much, I’m lost, i worked with him also so now possibility of no job, his estate are after my house. I literally have lost everything & all that matters 2 me was him, but that seems somewhat Inconsequential.

My life was so good but complex & im part of this faulty situation. I now have lawyers I can’t afford 2 try & keep my house he helped me buy wanted me 2 have.

I just feel alone. My fault, I didn’t secure my future as we were planning a different one, I never expected this.

I obviously am not going to pry into personal affairs but their are people who can help.

Thank you I appreciate your help & time. I loved my partner more than any1 know. My love and loss is real despite our circumstance. Please feel better & I hope you can ‘enjoy’ the season.

Thank you for helping me.

So sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my beautiful wife 7days ago & like yourself I’m having the same problems, Thake care

Dear Janey I am so sorry for your loss your words were said from the heart I lost my Mum who i cared for 41 years four weeks ago and i feel exactly how you described.Its so hard getting up in the morning and the days feel so long and like you all i can see is the last moments it must of been terrible doing CPR for a hour i just don’t know how to offer any words to help i hope you have good friends and family to support you , mine seem to of disappeared especially the ones that i have helped with there recent bereavements . I take a day at a time this seems to be the only way of coping.Hope you can get away from Xmas its a terrible time when you have lost someone that you deeply love .xx