Lost my partner

My partner died on the 19th of January after a long illness. He had COPD. He wanted to die at home but neither of us thought it would be such a rapid decline. I know I respected his wish to die at home but watching him struggle to breathe was so heartbreaking to watch and I can’t stop seeing it i my head.
I loved him so much.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss

My partner went through end of life from terminal cancer and I nursed through her illness and end of life at home, so i can relate

No real words of comfort - difficult as it was and is, you honoured his final wishes and that’s best you can do in these impossible, soul destroying situations

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Just had a meltdown. Found his wallet and his slippers. What am I going to do without him.
I keep thinking abut his last hours and when he said I am going to die and I’m frightened. I can’t stop crying he was the love of my life.

2 Likes

I lost my husband on the 26th Jan, he is still with the coroner, every time I get that way, I have to stop thinking about him, the only way I am managing to get through this is by only thinking an hour ahead, nothing about the future, the summer, holidays, nothing, because then I don’t know how I’ll cope without him he was 69 and he died suddenly and unexpectedly, it was a total shock, this is the only way I’m getting thru this time xxx

3 Likes