Lost my sister - Feeling lost.

I unfortunately lost my sister 12 weeks ago and I’m struggling to come to terms with her death. I feel the grief is getting harder to handle and have found myself getting more and more frustrated with my friends who I don’t feel are being very supportive, I guess I’m looking for advice, I know it’s going to be a difficult journey but I’m getting so annoyed as time goes on. I feel as though people are now expecting me just to be ok, my friends no longer ask me how I am, no one seems to want to talk about what has happened and no one mentions my sisters name. Am I over reacting or is normal to feel so lost and forgotten about?

Hi
You are not over reacting about the loss of your sister at all. Unfortunately some people who have not experienced loss just do not realise how grief can affect us and they expect us to ‘carry on’ as if our pain is linked to a timescale.
My partner died 4 months ago and although I may feel and look a little better the pain is still there and I hate when people say I am moving on and getting over it. I never will be the same and there is definitely no timescale to your grief.
We do not just ever get over our loss but somehow have to learn to live with it as we have no other choice.
Please just know what you are feeling is normal and you are not over reacting. There are a lot of us on here who feel the same as you
Carol x

2 Likes

Hi Helz im very sorry for your loss .Your nightmare is very raw to say the least .Theres no script or right or wrong way to grieve.Time is a great healer i disagree time forces you to react and think differently to life .Im 18 months into my nightmare i still sleep downstairs .Keep coming back Colin (im 58 my darling Denise passed 04032016 on her 41st birthday )