Lost my wife

Hello Iam really struggling with the loss of my wife on 4/2/21 she wasn’t sick she was killed by my son who has been abusing meth for the past 4 years we have been married for 33 years and I don’t know how to live without her

1 Like

Hello Danny1. I am so deeply sorry for the pain you are going through. I cannot fully comprehend how you feel but can feel your pain. I lost my husband Peter on 24 April 20 and miss him dreadfully I will never be the person I once was. Everyone on this site understand so keep posting. Sending you hugs. Jen. X

Dear Danny. I really can’t imagine how you feel. You have lost the love of your life at the hands of your own son. Drugs are an illness I know but you must be feeling a mixture of love and hate and I really don’t know how you deal with that. Have you not been offered help or counselling by your GP? Surely the professionals should help you to realise your feelings which must be over bearing for you. To have your wife killed by your own child must put you in unbearable pain and you need to talk to someone very soon.Do you have a very close friend or family member to lean on?
My heart feels for you. I am so very very sorry for your loss but please keep posting to this group of wonderful and understanding people.

1 Like

@Danny1

I don’t know what to say. The loss of your wife in this way seems to be beyond belief.

I hope you are getting some help - talking to your GP, the people who should have been helping your son, etc…

I think I can understand you not knowing how to live without your wife. That’s how I felt when I lost my husband. I was tied up in emotional knots, but our dogs gave me a reason to get up each day. They are just animals, but they needed me. As time progressed, I realised that I needed them.

Please keep on posting here. We haven’t had the experience you have had, but we’l try to help.

Christie xxx

Christie
Thank you we also have 2 dogs that we have had since they where puppies they are 15 years old now and Iam afraid I could loose them at anytime without them I could not have made it this far everyday is a struggle just to get up I can’t sleep in our bed I have slept in the recliner in the den every night since I lost her well I say I sleep but I might dose off for 30 minutes at a time but that’s about it we married at 18 and Iam now 54 we went to school together from 1st grade thru high school so how are we as humans supposed to deal with it I not only lost her but I’ve also lost my son I will never be able to hug him again and tell him I love him and I know it was the drugs and not him that committed this horrible act so here I sit at 54 years old and my family that was my world was gone in a matter of minutes I feel as tho my life is over when she died the best part of me died with her

Angiejo1
Thank you for your response I have 1older sibling and 1 younger sibling but they have their own families and I don’t want to bring my pain into their lives my older brother’s stepson had a motorcycle wreck a week ago and is on life support so he’s got enough on his plate without me bringing more pain to him

Omg Danny. It really makes me wonder whether there is a God when I think what you have endured. I really don’t know what else to say except keep posting on here. We are all your friends albeit virtual.

Danny
I am so sorry for your loss. It must be so hard for you at this horrible time. Nothing l can say will take your pain away but just keep posting and know at there will all way be someone to talk to on here. Take one day at a time Danny .

Mandyt1234
Thank you I keep praying for it to get better but it’s only gotten worse I miss my wife more with each passing day the hole in my heart is never going to heal

I no what you mean, my Lewis was 55 and went out to do a quick job and didn’t come back home, it was so unexpected. We are all different and know one can say how long this pain will last. I never thought my Lewis would go before me. I just keep go for my daughters my youngest just 14 . Just take small steps that’s all we can do Danny. Keep all your happy memories and laugh about things you did together.