Lost of mum and dad

My dad passed away last December while i was greifing for him got told my mum put on end of life care, mum passed away 4 months later, i don’t feel i have griefed for mum as when she passed i was going through the angry stage of losing dad, at dad’s funeral i cryed, i cryed when mum passed but that was it, no tears at her furneal or since

Hello @Karen621 ,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and dad.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Experiencing two bereavements in such a short space of time must be very difficult. If you think some additional support would be helpful, our Online Bereavement Support includes our free online bereavement counselling, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen

Thank you for your kind reply, i have appointment with a counselor next week, it did help writing it down, i find its easier to talk to someone who doesn’t know me

1 Like

Hi Karen sorry for your loss

Thank you, it helping me been on this group, people who understand what I am going through

Hi Karen I lost my parents three weeks apart not that long ago so I no how you fell

So sorry to hear that, my parents had been divorced over 30 years, my dad remarried and moved a 4 hr drive away, my stepmum wanted to be near her family, so only use to see then couple of times a year, my mum never met anyone else, losing them so close together was a nightmare i guess, mum went into hospital the day dad passed away, while I was griefing for dad got the news mum was on end of life, she had breast cancer 10years ago and it came back and was too advanced to do anything,

My mum died in December last year than my dad passed away on the day of my mum funeral

I am so sorry for your lost, I really do feel for you, it is nice to have someone to talk too who understands the pain,

If you would like to talk just message me

Thank you so much, i will do and the same to you, message me