Lost of my mum

Hi there I am struggling with the passing of my mum my mum passed away on the 27/9/22 I have lost so many people in the past 6 years my dad who had a stroke and then my dog which was sad I coped with them but the worst was my mum x
My mum was my world my rock my best friend and mum rolled in one my mum Fault for her life for 6 years with Cancer in the end the cancer took her I miss the conversations and the phone calls the Surport she gave me we was so close as I was the only girl to give her two beautiful granddaughters I am still numb and my mum was always doing special things like Valentine’s Day Easter birthdays Christmas but I feel my heart has been broken :disappointed: I am sad I have loads of hate in me I was never good with death when I was a child I so this has hit me big time people say it gets easy but I have just blocked it out like if she was still in the hospice I don’t want to think of her gone I have kept her message on my phone so I can hear her voice I feel lost and numb how do I start living again

3 Likes

I’m with you , I lost my mum to cancer in march last year . Short but horrific battle . I used to see her everyday and even moan about it . I was going through so much more at the time too which made it a million times worse .
You honestly cannot describe the pain , the denial and blocking out and then it hitting you all over and people thinking your ok . Get over it . Time is a healer !!! Whatever time just means you have got through one more day and that one more day over and then the feeling of maybe I will forget them . I smelt her smell yesterday and was in tears . I have 5 beautiful girls and I smile everyday but underneath the pain is unreal . Husband sometimes says I use mums death for an excuse to be sad , like I want to feel like this .

2 Likes

It’s horrible to lose the most important person your mum my mum was a wonderful lady don’t a bad word against her it was heart breaking having to deal with it my brother was hit the same but our mum was in are life’s in different times for good or bad but I just want to heal now it’s just so hard x I hope you find comfort at some point soon x al the best sacha

1 Like

It just takes time in lost my dad 24 yrs ago to cancer he 4 days after he found out he hat it he died the day after his 60th birthday it took me a good 2 years before I could even accept he was gone it does get better with time I still miss him and then I lost my mum 5 months ago so I’m now going through it again but this time it’s feels a bit worse because she was the last of my family I had left I’m just feeling very lost at the moment

1 Like

I am so sorry :pensive: I lost my dad6 years ago I had to pull the plug as my mum had cancer I couldn’t see him go though it but down to me he died the 24th of December after having falls then my mum had Cancer I still don’t want to think she has gone like today I had a puncher in my car all I wanted was to call my mum
My mum is the only one left out of her family so I don’t have any family but I do have two wonderful girls

1 Like

Good morning to everyone. I have just looked through your comments and admire how open and honest everyone is.
We lost our dear Mum in June 22. As one of you said i also miss her being there at the end of the phone everyday and listening to me when i was down. Having three sons and a husband who i love dearly but they just don’t feel the empty space like me…
Last weekend i started to try and sort some of Mums bits out as you couldn’t move in the pantry! I find myself wanting to keep things… I’ve got better though over the past year. To start with i hung my Mum’s overnight toilet bag in the bathroom for a year and other things just to give me comfort as If she’d come to stay and we were having a week of visiting charity shops, buying rubbish we didn’t need and having fish and chips at the seaside which was her favourite.
To all our love ones and the beautiful times we shared…xx

1 Like

Hi Katie I know exactly what you’re saying I have kept a hair brush with her hair and I smell her perfume I do miss her loads it’s like I have a light :bulb: been switched off my mum was there for me when my marriage broke and she kept saying keep busy and for seven years I did then one day she said that bloke likes you I said don’t be silly :crazy_face: we was at a Christmas dinner but if it wasn’t for my mum I wouldn’t have found my (husband) to be good old mumma know a bad one to a Gooden I miss not having a coffee or lunch at a cafe
Like your mum did my mum loved good old charity shop ow my I would say not another one but the smile on her face was brilliant to see

1 Like

Hi Sacha
So lovely to hear tales of your Mum. That really made me smile! My Mum would struggle walking, then when she used to see a pound shop or a charity shop we used to laugh that she would up her speed!!
Really pleased your Mum encouraged you to meet somebody and you have those beautiful memories of your time together. And to still smell her scent i can relate to that…x

1 Like

Its nice to read all the comments about their mums, I can relate to a lot of the comments, I miss my mum so much too, she was my best friend, life is just not the same without her, I feel I’m not the same person anymore, x

1 Like

Hello Morgan
I know exactly how you feel like a piece of us is missing… Hopefully we can get comfort from others stories.
I talked to a lady over Christmas walking her mum in a wheel chair. She had a balloon for her 90th birthday and i must admit my heart swelled. They had just had a roast together in a cafe. Such precious moments. Xxxx

1 Like

Hi all, I’ve been looking for somewhere to chat with others who may be going through the same / similar thing.

I lost my Mum after her year-long battle with cancer on 3rd December 23. I struggle to know how I feel most of the time, it’s almost like a numb feeling. Can anyone relate to this? People ask me how I am, and I just don’t know :woman_shrugging:t3:

My Mum was 56 and it’s almost incomprehensible that she’s gone so soon.

1 Like

Hi Amber

Life doesn’t seem the same I get you I am the same it seems so unfair
My mum loved all seasons I just didn’t want to put the tree up for Christmas but in the end I did as a friend of mine said your mum wouldn’t want you to miss out on celebrating Christmas it was the hardest thing to do as for the first Christmas in 2022 I kept saying to myself that she was still in the hospice and felt numb but last Christmas it hit me like a brick and I thought I need to talk to someone because I need to live until I meet my mumma again it’s like my brain can’t handle the hurt xx I will say it will your heart is broken but your mum is in you it will get better as you can tell your friends and family stories but it takes time trust in mending but it does take time xx all the best if you need to talk please drop me a line xx sacha

Dear Amber
So sorry to hear that you lost your dear Mum and she was so young. The same age as me. As Sacha says just try and take things a day at a time. I think you are still in shock and you mustn’t be hard on yourself. Just do what you can do each day and try and get through it.
I didn’t take up counselling when i first lost Mum but i think it could be really helpful to talk to people about all those emotions. Because they change aswell as time goes on. But we are all very different and there isn’t a right or wrong way to miss your Mum.
Sending you strength and kindness. Kate x

2 Likes

This is beautiful. How precious your relationship with your mum.
It hurts so much doesn’t it.
I feel your pain . My dad died in March . He was my everything. He was always there for me until he died so suddenly. I became mums primary carer which was hard but I failed her I wasn’t as good a carer as my dad was to her. She died at Christmas she wanted to be with dad .
She wanted me to leave work and care for her it scared me the responsibility. I reduced my hours and shared her care with family and carers but it wasn’t enough. I took 5 weeks off work but it wasn’t enough don’t know how to get past that feeling of failure and that I let mum down .

Hi niknak

I am so sorry you lost your dad and then your mum trust me you never let her down it’s not your fault we blame ourselves but you gave her everything you could you gave her all your best it takes time you will heal but it’s not over night I kicked myself for years but they wouldn’t want you to blame yourself stay strong all the best sacha

Thank you for taking the time to reply. This Meant the world to me.
Thank you I just burst in to tears when I think about it.
I wish I could have had more time and been kinder.
But thanks so much.
I wish you well with your journey :heart:

Hi niknak
Your so welcome
My mum always said this to me we are not all built to do the same jobs it takes a curtain person
care is one I always put my hands up and say that I couldn’t do that job good on them caring for someone that is family is hard because at the end of their journey we know they have to go we have to do the grieving and it’s hard carers can go to the next person but we have to deal with it if you need a chat just text me might not back straight away but will reply xx

1 Like

You are lovely . Thanks so much xx