Lost

I am lost at the moment. My lovely husband died 7 and a half weeks after being diagnosed with cancer. I live with my son and have my husband’s siblings living nearby but sometimes the silence is defeaning. I miss him so very much and talk to him. I have asked him to send me a sign that he hears me and is close by. This forum brings me some comfort to know that I’m not alone we’re all going through this wretched time together. My thoughts and love are with everyone.

3 Likes

Hello Lighthouse,
I am pleased that you have found this community, it is not a place where we would choose to be, we do not have a choice, do we? I am glad that I found this corner of the internet, since my husband, of 59 years, died last August, I have been on a roller coaster of emotions.
It doesn’t help that I am practically housebound, I have an injured spine together with an inherited blood disorder called porphyria, together with other medical conditions. I came home from hospital, where I had spent 8 days (gastro enteritis) 2 weeks ago and I haven’t been through our door since. No wonder I have been taking anti-depressants for a long time, sorry to drone on about me, I do hope that you will gain comfort from this forum, everybody is so kind.
Blessings,
MaryL.

1 Like