Lost

I buried my best friend of 30 years on Monday I was devastated even though she’s battled cancer for 8 years when we found out she was dying i was and still am distraught I keep telling myself she’s free from pain but it hurts so much x

Hi Sylvo,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear that your best friend has died. It sounds as though you were really close and of course you are devastated and miss her very much.

Now is the time to be very kind to yourself and give yourself a chance to grieve. Talking about your feelings - and crying when you need to - is much better than bottling things up.

I’m glad that you’ve found this community, as many of our users find it a helpful outlet to write things down here. There are lots of supportive people here who understand the grief of losing someone close. Hopefully some more users will be along to reply soon, but you might also find it helpful to read and reply to this recent conversation by Courtney, who also lost her best friend: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/loss-best-friend

If there is anything I can help with, or you have any questions about this website, just let me know.

Priscilla
Community Manager