Lost

My husband died abroad recently. I have to bring his ashes home and I don’t know how I will get through it.

3 Likes

Hi @MaryS

I’m Kate, part of the Online Community team at Sue Ryder. I can see that you are new to the community.

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband and how you are feeling. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Kate

So sorry for your loss - I can’t imagine how difficult it will be to travel overseas to bring ashes back - it was difficult enough 5 miles to funeral home

Stay strong and hope you have some support in this difficult time

1 Like

We were on an extended holiday and my husband passed away. I just can’t bear the thought of going home with his ashes to an empty house.

1 Like

@MaryS so sorry for your loss. I collected my husband’s ashes this week from the funeral directors. They were only done the road, so I can’t imagine how hard it will be for you.

Sending you a hug

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. Please keep sharing everyone here goes through similar traumatic experiences and will always support one another.
Sending love and hugs.
Take care x

2 Likes