Lottery win...

No i haven’t won the lottery but just think apart from my next accommodation, an upgrade, what else would winning be used for, as i have often mentioned all the money in the world, yes figment of speech, wont bring my Richard, our loved ones back to us will it…
Well the first things i will do would be to donate some money to the Sue Ryder bereavement foundation, to our forum as a gesture of thanking them foe setting this up for our place to grieve, let off steam, tell our life stories of our good times, our past lives, yes we all had one of those once…Oh if only we could freeze time, no money, no lottery win will ever allow us to do that, nor to bring back our loved one as at the end of the day, this is what all of really are wishing for, a lottery win is insignificant although it will have its use…

Jackie…

Jackie…

Never a truer word Jackie, what is money now without our loved ones.
Yesterday a cheque arrived an investment of Brian’s that had matured.
Now, when I was a young mum struggling to make ends meet with two small children and no husband around I would have thought this amount to be the answer to my prayers and been over the moon. I threw the cheque on the table. With it was another letter from the tax office telling me of a rebate that I would be getting Neither had no impact on me without Brian to share it with. How we change, I was totally uninterested. I now lead a simple life, grow my own veg, don’t shop for clothes, and as long as I have enough money for food and bills that is all I want. How my son and daughter would like to get their hands on it though. This hurts.
Will give some to my grandson and wife as they have been a big support to me this last year. That will give me some pleasure at least.
I know it might sound daft but I would dread winning millions on the lottery, probably give it all away to charity. Only cause extra hassle.

Pat xxx

Pat…
…I have far too many clothes, once my daughter had said to me some years ago, " mom why do you need all them clothes, its not as if you go anywhere, " well this has now come true…i have now a great grandson who will be five next week so i would happily put some money in a trust or savings for when he becomes age…as for me, what use would it be without ones partner to share it or to benefit from it, as i have mentioned before, so much for us working all of our working life, so much for our retirement years together…

Sheila…
… what is a Porsche when your health goes…it may take time but he will " live and learn. "

Jackie…

Sheila…
… as i mentioned before…" age is just a number…" how old would we be if we didn’t know our age…we can die at any age…your oldest boy will realise at some point that possessions come second to any human being that means anything to them…even i have learnt my lesson now…as they say…" you cant take it with you…" possessions, money or your Porsche…

Sheila…
…i gave up on make-up years ago…If there is one good thing about me it is my skin, people say and think i look younger than i am, i still have good and clear facial skin but, saying that, i now look at my face in the mirror and i can see how ill i look, look unhappy, look older since losing Richard, i have aged…it certainly is showing in my face, even the sad and lost expression…but as for clothes, i have a wardrobe full of expensive nice quality clothes, I tend to buy from David Nieper mainly because most skirts are elasticated waist and with my MS i cant do buttons nor zips but i do like their clothes and their sizing’s…oh and cashmere jumpers and cardigans is my extravagance…

Jackie…

It makes me so sad to hear how your loved ones behave. My dad is always my offering me money and I say no. Even though I need it. I’m 45 I’m not taking money off my dad. I’ll work extra hours to sort me out. I do always joke when he’s going out or going away “don’t start spending my inheritance otherwise I’ll put you in a nursing home”. He knows I’m joking all I want is his happiness and now mum is gone I hope he spends his hard earned money well.