loved ones anniversary is comin up?!🥺 💔

Does anyone else get really ill and emotionally drained etc in the coming weeks knowing their loved ones anniversary is coming up? My mums is on Saturday 3 years :broken_heart::pleading_face: I have a memorial tree that I go to but I haven’t managed since my uncle passed last year just around Mother’s Day i had to try and take all of that in.’still couldnt go to his funeral. But I haven’t visited mums tree since it’s so emotional for me and heartbreaking to see her name on that plaque, but I am going to try and go on Friday and I hope I’m mentally strong enough to go. Does anyone else feel or get
This way at all?? Would appreciate people’s thoughts on this and if you do something else on their anniversary ? Much love to all other grievers a friend had bought me this today which I think is beautiful x

Some people are able to think of anniversaries as just another day, for most of us they are awful days as they just remind us of our loss. Hope it goes well for you, keep posting here.

1 Like

Hi Naomi 89. I always find the lead up to an anniversary worse than the actual day. There are lots of tears but when the actual day comes I feel strangely calmer. I have old cards that we sent to each other and I always take one out, depending on the occasion and put them up. My friend always buys birthday or anniversary cards for her husband. In the past I have taken flowers to the crematorium to where his ashes were scattered. Little things, but I find it a comfort. I hope you find your comfort too.

1 Like