Manda23

I can’t bathe ( I wash). I can’t put fresh sheets on my bed . I love the smell of Graham. Is this ok ? Xx

2 Likes

For your own health I suggest you change the sheets but not wash the ones you remove. That way you can stay healthy but retain his scent. I am not sure why not bathe? But we all have our own ways of coping. If this is yours then that is normal. Xx

2 Likes

I didn’t change the sheets for a while and I still sleep with his hoodie. You do what you need to do.

2 Likes

I’d already changed the sheets because my husband was in hospital for nearly 7 weeks. However, I have still got his towel and I wear his dressing gown. You do what’s right for you! Much love J xx

2 Likes

It’s such early days for you. Do whatever gets you through the day. I spray my husbands aftershave on his side of the bed and I’m 21 weeks on this journey.

2 Likes

Now that’s an idea! Xx

3 Likes

Me too i spray his aftershave in the bedroom. He always used do much when he was here you could always smell it around the house. I also sleep with the tshirt he had on when ambulance team tried to revive him although they had to cut off and it is in pieces cant bear to part with the last thing he wore before death.
Take care x

2 Likes

I drove down to funeral home next day to collect the nightie and pillow slip she was wearing and using when she died before they washed it
Sealed both in plastic sealable bags to preserve her scent.
I would change the sheets and seal them - the scent will eventually dissipate in the open

3 Likes