Memoirs

As a reason to pass some time away, I have decided to write my memoir’s of the last 65 years. No real reason to, it just passes the time away and lets me recall some of the things that have happened to me in my life. I know that probably nobody is ever going to read them. or even be interested in them but I have found it so therapeutic remembering stuff. One memory triggers another and writing them down has brought so much back! I’ve now got 12 A4 pages and over 7,000 words already! Who could have thought that my life could have had so much in it? Not only that but getting the memories going is so good for the soul.

Things I that I had completely forgotten about come back to me, aunts, uncles, cousins and much more. I’ve decided that I’m recommending this as therapy, it’s lifted me up a bit. John

6 Likes

I have to say this is not just about me. It started after the passing away of my wife and the time we had together but then extended back to my childhood and everything else in between!

4 Likes

Hi @Johnch ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure your words and thoughts will bring comfort and help to others.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

What a brilliant idea! I wish Id thought of writing my memoirs

1 Like

@tykey Thank you for that, I just wanted to remember the things we did together, how we met etc and ended up together and it ended up spiralling into so much more. Please try to do it, because there are so many memories to dredge up from the past and they mean so much to me now. Take care… John

1 Like

I often write stuff down as it really helps me. Sadly my hubby had started to write on the computer - My Story was his title . He separated it into various times of his life eg childhood, growing up, marriage etc . Never finished it and though it is there on my computer as son saved all the documents when hubby died , I still cant bring myself to read it . I really must read it and print it out for our 4 children and 9 grandchildren to read . Memories are so important for young folk as to be fair it’s their legacy isn’t it . If you get comfort from writing your story that’s reason enough to do it . Good luck :crossed_fingers: