Memorial bench for my beloved husband

A former colleague emailed me photos of my beloved husband’s bench at his former workplace.
Philmore's bench 1

A nice gesture from his former colleagues. My husband always was the chef for their BBQs.

10 Likes

That’s lovely that he will be remember by work colleagues. I have a bench for my husband it’s in the local park where he used to watch our son play football. I go and sit on it quite often just people watching which is what he liked to do too.
Debbie x

4 Likes

Hi
I also have a bench which was supplied by members of our allotments. This year I asked them if I could buy it off them and bring it home to his favourite place in his garden. They kindly gave it to me. Unfortunately I can’t stand those words “In Memory of …” It brings it home to me.
I would like one on our seafront as Brian sat there often taking his photographs. He spent all his life in this town.
xxx

4 Likes

This is Doug’s bench just after it was installed in the park, it has grass around it now.

Debbie x

3 Likes

Lovely bench.

1 Like

I hope thsts true what it says in the bench : they walk besides us every day … i feel my husbands spirit so close to me sometimes but thats what makes me cry … because i can feel him all around me in so many things i do x

2 Likes