Miss my husband

I lost my husband and soul mate july this year I have been trying to come to terms with this but find it so hard we were together for 30yrs now im trying to come to term’s he’s never coming back

8 Likes

@Nan1 welcome to the club no one wants to join and sorry for your loss. It’s nearly 7 months since my husband passed away from cancer. I am also a mum and granny. I have better days now but still plenty of bad ones. This forum has been a huge help. There’s lots of advice, banter and just talking to others who really understand. Take care.

3 Likes

Do not try to do anything other than get through each day…after 9 months, I’m still waiting to understand what ‘coming to terms’ with the loss of my soul mate after 59 years actually means…and so far I have no idea. Do not put pressure on yourself…use this forum…it has helped me and many others immensely…and one step at a time…small ones…sending love :heart:

6 Likes

@Nan1 ao sorry love . I am the same lost my soulmate after 30 yrs . It is a very different road we are all on now . Each day is different some are worse than others but it’s like riding waves being up and down . I hope talking on here helps you a little

2 Likes

I lost my darling Rob in July. I just try to keep busy. I’ve booked a holiday for next year as he won’t want me to put my life on hold. It’s hard, and I miss him even the snoring and remote control hogging, but baby steps to try to make life bearable for the future on my own.

4 Likes

Nan1 I’m in the same boat. Lost my soulmate of 35 years to a massive heart attack in July, he had just had his 69th birthday and there was no warning. It’s so hard to adjust to the loneliness and I never knew the pain that comes with the loss of your partner.

3 Likes

I also lost my husband in July after 30 years it feels like my world has stopped I just can’t believe he’s gone, I feel I’m trapped in a nightmare it just doesn’t seem real.

3 Likes

I am so very sorry for your loss x

It is a nightmare and to lose them is so painful and shocking. I have been busy all the time it’s when I stop that the horror comes back so heavily . I am living a life I didn’t want to live now . I try to have something to look forward to . They would want us to be kind to ourselves I am sure

1 Like

Hi,
You’re so right it is a nightmare and extremely painful I never ever thought one day he would be gone. I love and miss him so much my poor husband :broken_heart:

3 Likes