Miss

Hi my brother passed away suddenly he was only 43 we were and still shocked I just feel alone without him in my life

3 Likes

Hi @Brainfogged, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. 43 is so young and it’s natural you would be shocked by such a sudden loss.

I wanted to share our grief self help platform with you in case you found it useful: https://selfhelp.sueryder.org/ It can help walk you through some of the emotions you might be feeling right now.

I’m sure someone else will be along to offer their support too. I am glad you have found us - you are not alone.

Take care
Seaneen

Hi, I also lost my 42 year old brother suddenly, almost 2 years ago (August) and I feel it still hasn’t registered with my brain! My heart however is a different story and I find every now and then I still break at little things! I am the eldest of 3 and he was the middle child, so since he’s gone it’s felt like he was the glue that kept us together as siblings and it appeared as a family! My mothers is not coping well (how do you losing a child?) my youngest brother is trying his hardest to keep his memory alive but I just feel useless in all of this! Being the eldest I was supposed to be his protector and now I feel like I can’t even talk to my family without getting angry (not at them but the unfairness of his death)…I’m sorry you’re going through this unimaginable pain but all I can offer you is take one day at a time! Nobody only you knows what you are going through and even though I can totally empathise with you I also know I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy! Take care of yourself that’s what he would want you to do xxx

1 Like

Hi yes it is so unfair we had his funeral on the 23 of May it was a lovey service but still something witch we shouldn’t have had to do so soon I do feel angry that he passed away I know I feel for my mum aswell your children shouldn’t go b4 you it’s just not ment to happen that way you take care of yourself aswell thank you for your reply

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. I know how hard it is when a loved one dies, and I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be when that loved one was taken from you so soon.

I know it can be hard to deal with grief on your own, so if you ever want someone to talk to or just need an ear, I’d love to listen!

Thanks bud4 I just feel so alone without him he was always there for me no matter what
We grew up 2gether he was always there to chat to if I needed anything done in.my house that I couldn’t do I phone him and he would say ok I’ll be along soon and he would be here like 10 20 min later having a look for me now I need to do it myself and I’m no very good with electrical stuff the most I could do is change a light bulb ha ha ha thank you for listening