Missing dad

I lost my hero the end of March and I’m really struggling coming to terms with it. I still can’t believe it’s happened. He went through so much. I keep reliving every moment. Going over and over things in my head. My poor dad had Alzheimers and was diagnosed at a young age. He suffered terribly at the end. I just feel so lost and in a different world to everyone else. I think I’m in total shock. How do we cope with this awful pain? I miss my hero so much.

Dear Joey,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your dad. It sounds like you’re having a really hard time. It’s important to be kind to yourself and give yourself time to grieve. Eventually, things will get better.

The important thing is not to bottle up your emotions when they do happen. I’m glad that you’ve found this site, and I hope it helps a bit to share things here. While you wait for some more replies to your post, you may find it helpful to read and maybe reply to some recent conversations between others who have lost a parent to Alzheimer’s:

https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/struggling

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Irene